Tag Archives: video

2011 Bangkok Tattoo convention Tattoo Events in Thailand (live tattoos, music, conventions)

Tattoo and Metal Music festival – “Nakhon Unite vol.6” in Bangkok, Thailand, 2011, hosted by the Overstay

At the 6th anniversary NAKHON UNITE VOL.6 hosted by the Overstay, Bangkok, Thailand. Music and Tattoo festival, Tattoo competition, 10 New wave Thai tattoo artists, Awards for “small job”, “Rock style” and “Best of the day”.

10 Thai ‘New Wave’ Tattoo artists tattooing live at Nakhon Unite Vol.6 (Metal and Death music and tattoo festival) hosted this year at the Overstay; live music and art venue (and hostel!) in Bangkok, Thailand, 2011.

What a great day, and a great night too, Tattoothailand got to the scene at around 2pm and did not leave till around 6am. A night full of entertainment and adventure and a good down to earth vibe, a big mix of thai and foreigners and expats, and all there because  they love tattoos, music, party or all three. The event featured 10 top notch artists, we managed to make some video interviews with some of the thai tattoo artists, although we forgot to ask one important question…What exactly does “new wave” style mean? Hmmm we’re not sure about that, but we are sure there was some real talent in the house, videos and new tattoo artist profiles to come soon from some of the talented and friendly inkers we met that day.


http://www.theoverstay.com — The Overstay is many venues in one structure; a Hostel, Live and electronic music venue, art gallery, supporter of the underground, Hippy commune, Squat, Wedding hall, a bar, a meeting point and Fetish venue in Bangkok, Thailand.

Nakhon Unite VOL 6. – Featuring bands such as; Axela, Break the kid, Carina, Eccentric toilet, Fathomless, Hellomassacre, Himantura, Hopeless, No hope for pardon, Purgatory, Red riot, Resurrectica, Silent serenade, Tragedy of murder, We own the night.

Featuring bands from Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, Melodic death, Death metal, Thrash metal, Grindcore, Fastcore.

Related Images:

Pattaya Tattoo Studio Tattoo studios in Chon buri Thailand Tattoos and tattoo studios

O-zen tattoo studio, Bang Sen, Thailand

You must be a registered user to vote register by clicking here

Tattoo Thailand O zen tattoo studio Bangsaen, Pattaya, Chon buri, Thailand

Ton is a very philosophical tattoo artist…correction, not just tattoo artist and tattoo studio owner but also philosopher, artist and musician. He has been tattooing for 7 years at the point of this interview for tattoothailand.com He was born in the North of Thailand, Chang Rai province. He is currently tattooing and exhibiting art from his own tattoo parlour called O-zen which is in Bangsaen which has been open for 1 year. He says 80% of his customers are Thai locals and the other 20% are foreigners, which is perfect for him since he also speaks very good English. For him every tattoo is a personal process with the customer, like many other tattoo artists he speaks to the customer to get a good idea of their character, will do many sketches and sessions before doing the actual tattoo on the body itself. Although he says he feels most comfortable tattoing in a Japanese tattoo style he can work in many styles and can do custom tattoo jobs, In this video we see him tattooing a Japanese horror style devil tattoo with skull revealed underneath live at Nakhon Unite Vol.6 (Metal and Hardcore music and tattoo festival) hosted this year at the Overstay live music and art venue (and hostel!) in Bangkok, Thailand. He describes his relationship with tattooing as a necessity, like “his bread” or food for the soul. Apart from tattoo work he also exhibits personal art at the O-zen tattoo studio, is a drummer and an overall nice guy. Beneath is a quote taken from his facebook page.

“Life is the best when you have freedom and independence… (tattoo) art on the body is like the wind that gives you power of breath, you are showing your soul which is carried to others like music through feeling, this feeling is more valuable than any object” – Ton owner and tattoo artist at O-zen Tattoo Studio, Pattaya, Chon Buri

Tattoo Studio – Thailand – Bangkok – Crazy ink tattoo – Contact details and Opening times
Phone Ton (Thailand)  +66(0)894594905
E-mail tonaloha@hotmail.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ozen.tattoo
Web http://www.facebook.com/ozen.tattoo
Tattoo studio open hours
Mon-Fri ?
Sat ?
Sun/Public Holiday ?

View The Best tattoo studios in Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand in a larger map

You must be a registered user to vote register by clicking here

Related Images: